5/21/2007

Rob Dennis's Shelf Layout

I started a shelf layout over the winter in my apartment. It's two modular pieces, one is 21"x 72, the other is 18"x 72". I am using MRC's DCC Express to run it. The basic concept was taken from Mike Confalcone's Hardwick & Woodbury from Model Railroad Planning 2007. I have a main, a passing siding, two industries to switch, a engine house and a branch line, in this small space. I can always use this layout in a larger home layout when it is finished.







The layout concept is northern Vermont in the Fall of the late 1980's. My short line Central Terminal, interchanges with the Boston & Maine, CP Rail and Maine Central in St Johnsbury, VT.
I have D&H Alco's on lease for the branch line. They will have a nice little red engine house to call home. A lumber at one end and a planning mill at the other end. This shelf layout will be a science project of testing new products and techniques for me also. I will post updates as scenery continues.....

No comments: