10/08/2007

Bob Platel's D&H in N Scale

My layout is a 8 foot by 16 inches model of Cohoes, NY. The right end has the bridge over the Mohawk River, my first kit bash attempt. (What do you think?) I plan to add another eight foot section on the left end to include Mohawk Paper & Norlite. In the future I hope to use these sections in a larger layout that depicts the D&H from the Port of Albany to Mechanicville in the late 70's. I use Digitrax DCC for my control system. I will sent more pictures as I get structures and scenery added.

Local SC-32 waiting at Cohoes siding for south bound freight.

Southbound freight crossing Mohawk River at Cohoes, Rte 4 in the foreground.

SD-45s leading southbound across Mohawk River Bridge.

Looking north you see the local & a southbound at Cohoes.

Boxcars spotted at Cohoes freight house (white rectangle) for unloading.

Hoppers waiting to be unloaded at future site of Wertime Trestle.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

is that the rico station?
nice bridge!

Anonymous said...

For the longest time I have been
searching the web for anything D&H.
Don"t know why I never found this till now. What a great web page.
Bob Hedgeman
Delmar,NY
D&H Railfan