2/15/2008

West Waterford Update!

This is the only section of table that we saved from my old layout. The bridge is 522' long. 73' high. It was built with Northeast Scale lumber. The rails on the bridge are hand spiked. It took 100 hours to construct. Part of the bridge has a 32" radius.This is the beginning of the hump that I am constructing for my yard. I tried a number of different grads to determine which would be best. Cars rolling off of this hump will travels between 10' and 14'. The track on the hump is only temporary to test the turnouts. Once I have my rolling stock out I will have to work on the trucks and wheel sets.
The beginning of the railroad yard. Instead of using roadbed for each track, as I did on my last layout, I nailed down 1/4" plywood. The track crew glued down the ballast so it would be ready for the track. It is wide enough to contain 10 sidings.

Here the yard has most of the track installed. 4 tracks for the hump and 6 for storage. Thanks, Mark Oliviere.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where's your layout (relatively speaking)? Is it at home or in a super secret facility that no one can visit without an engraved invitation? :)

BizTron