Rounding the bend at Tilson's....On a sunny and warm St.Patrick's day morning Northbound NS train #934 passes by two long time Howes Cave\Schoharie County Fixtures (Tilson's Lunch and the Cement Plant). UP and BNSF power has become a regular fixture on this train and its counterpart. The KCS power seen behind the UP units was recently purchased by Pan Am Railways. The 1845 Howes Cave house can be seen above the train which now houses the Cave House Museum of Mining & Geology. located behind it is the original Howes Cave entrance discovered in 1842 by Lester Howe, along with the Cement Plant and still operating quarry.
Dean J. Splittgerber