9/03/2010

Rising Star

As long as I can remember there's been discussion about the well being of the hobby of model railroading. The anxiety of "Are we getting young people into the hobby?"

If you don't already know Scott Lupia or his modelbuilding, writing and photography ability, let me make the introduction. Scott's modeling preference, as far as scale, is N but, as this scene attests, his HO work is incredible as well. Detail like the Geep getting new bulbs in the class lights, mid morning light streaming in the windows and hightlighted by the dust in the air, equipment showing use but not abuse....
As you might be able to tell from my enthusiasm, this is one of the best photographed and modeled scenes I've ever witnessed.
"The attached a photo I am working on for RMC. This shot is inside the enginehouse I built. I am working at getting the lighting just right. The engines are Lackawanna Terminal power which is my friend Steve's railroad. I am getting him into the transitional scheme. I am building power for his road that is just quick stencil jobs. Hence the L&HR patch job as well as the PC geep on the left. I really like the feel of the lighting here.

I have been really busy the last week or two between trying to get the cover shot done for October, the MT Pullman review and work. I hope to be a little more responsive on the e-mail soon. The deadline will be behind me early this week. Hopefully.",  Scott


Enjoy,

Wayne Sittner

No comments: