3/20/2014

Chapter 15 "Inch At A Time" Hutton Brick

 The Hutton Brick clay bank diorama is finally finished.

So ends the odyssey that began with the purchase of the MinitrainS HOn30 Plymouth and side dump cars at West Springfield. Completion of the diorama is, at best, anticlimactic but, isn't any model building exercise? I do think I learned a bit about the use of Model Master paints. (I still prefer Floquil and laid in a supply while they remain available) I'm think I was able to capture the look of early Spring with the scenery. And, modeling the brick molds by using segments of zip tie was another eureka moment that made the scene just a bit more believable.
 

 As with all previous chapters, it's the journey toward completion that's most satisfying

 
Hope you enjoy and can make use of some of my "discoveries".

Wayne Sittner

No comments: