8/02/2010

Final Chapter MOW






As most of you know I went right from the 1953 L&WV 401 freight motor to this 1983 MOW kick. Aged 30 years in the blink of an eye. I've actually been at this thread for a month. The four central pieces, the track equipment, are from the old Durango Press 4 in 1 kit. This, in itself, was based on Jim Slaughter's "Timber Gang" series from RMC that he spread out over a few years in the early 80"s. Because the DP instructions were minimal and Jim's articles were a bit sketchy I based all my work on slides I took in '73 and again in the early '80's of equipment I found here in Kingston and up in Selkirk. All my models, including the bus and trucks were from the late PC and early CR era. I sent slide scans of my prototypes out to some but not all. The quality of my scans isn't too good and I know some of you aren't exactly fans of early Conrail. I hope the modeling suits your fancy. I built all the models except the CR Chevy pick-up. That's RTR from Trident Models.



Have a great weekend. 
Wayne

No comments: