7/15/2011

The Corner Store

We are on the corner of East Main St. and South Walnut Ave. in La Grange........its early Saturday morning. This view has been a favorite of mine since my first visit four or five years back when I set up here after arriving and what do you suppose came by that night? An SD 40-2 leading! Holy Cow! Tonights power is more modern looking, another C40-8W, the 7781 with its wide cab and dark paint scheme add to the mysterious setting. The brick house with columns up the street is ex-Mayor Elsie Carters home. I wait and wait here tonight after moving the lighting, step ladder and traveling flag down the street from the far corner where I shot the 7817 passing the 1887 Corner Store. My patience is rewarded when 7781 comes up the street with a northbound after six a.m.! This is cutting it close, as you can notice the sky getting bluer! To capture these two views little more than three hours apart leaves me ecstatic. For me, it dose'nt get much better than this, and I conclude, thinking to myself...........yeah, I guess I can head back to the campsite now. Only eight miles away, it compliments the aura surrounding La Grange to me, by being the best campsite I enjoyed during the trip. SHot on May 14, 2011 at 06:06 in La Grange, Kentucky with the 5D and Zeiss ZF 35/2 lens set at f2. Please enjoy! Comments are welcomed.

All The Best In 2011;

Gary

No comments: