9/16/2014

NEPA Coal Mining‏


For as long as I can remember I've been inspired by the iconic photographs of the late Ed Miller.
His coverage of the Lackawanna & Wyoming Valley (Laurel Line) was unparalleled.  In an unhurried manner I've slowly been attempting to model the typical trains the Laurel Line operated between Scranton and Wilkes-Barre.  
Many of you have seen the #401 freight motor (scratch built) previously, as well as my typical trains of reefers and box cars that went south out of Scranton.  Now, thanks to the purchase of two Funaro & Camerlengo Erie hoppers (first two cars in the train),  I have enough cars for one of the typical trains that ran south to the Pittston area to service the Penna. Coal Company's Ewen Colliery.
For the New England modelers I offer a glimpse of NEPA.   For the Wyoming Valley group, something I'm sure your all too familiar with.
I must mention:  Those two F&C hoppers were built up kits that John Green was selling at Collinsville @ $5.00.  I just had to switch out the wheels and add appropriate weathering.

Cheers,
Wayne Sittner


No comments: