9/23/2014

Southern Adirondack Update

Just some of the things that have kept me out of trouble this summer.
I got the Bachman B&M GP7 with sound and it came in a very baby blue and numbered 1575 (as you can see, I already have the 1575 and it has the train lighting box and other details).  A repaint into a more proper B&M blue and relettered to 1559 so I didn't have to make another lighting box (I've done 2 over the years...1575 and 1564).

I got a bottle of Testors gold paint and finally finished the StJ&LC (bicentennial painted and renumbered for the D&H) GP7 2606.  Jim L needs to stop drooling now!
 
I finally (after thinking about it for 6 or 7 years) built the Schylerville branch of the Southern Adirondack.  I need to do some wiring and build a box to keep the dust off (as its in the garage) but otherwise it's operational.  The RDC3 now has a proper place to layover and there's some switching work to be done in Victory Mills.  Obviously it needs scenery but at least I have some structures (need to be painted) and a plan.



 

The RS3 is my friend Ricks and he bought it to run on my layout.  We planned to change it from P&W 164 to D&H 4082 from the start, I just needed to find a proper brown to cover the lettering. After some mixing, I think I got it right and the project got done.

The RS3 is my friend Ricks and he bought it to run on my layout.  We planned to change it from P&W 164 to D&H 4082 from the start, I just needed to find a proper brown to cover the lettering.  After some mixing, I think I got it right and the project got done.
With the arrival of accessory decoders, the dispatchers control panel became obsolete.  This meant I could reframe where the panel was and make the area under the stairs (DB and ME cabins) a bit more stable.  I moved some stuff around and ended up with my desk under the engine shop and a more finished look for the command station.

Brad Peterson








No comments: